What are the perks of being Susannah?
Alright. Let’s see.
- You get awesome friends who make your life so much better and surviving high school a lot easier.
- You get amazing, open-minded, parents.
- You also get like, gazillions of people who are very judgemental of the fact that you hang out with guys, mostly.
- You get an amazing little brother, whom you love to death, even though he’s a pain in the ass most of the time.
- You get a wonderful best friend who’s been there for you for as long as you can remember! Kudos to a more-than-decade long friendship!
- You get to be taller than average girls.
- You get to have a nickname starting with ‘R’ just as all the girls in the family.
- You get to have an amazingly large, funny, puzzling, mind-blowingly awesome extended family that you love to bits.
- You don’t click selfies. Like, ever.
- You sing and dance 24X7 even though you can’t do either of both properly.
- Although you are a fully trained Sattriya dancer, with a diploma under your belt.
- You have a skin-hill on your right middle finger.
- You love applying nail-varnishes even though you are too lazy to do such stuff.
- Your hair looks different every day, and it literally takes around 24 hours to air dry.
- You like to keep your wardrobe fanatically clean and organised.
- The same goes for your vanity table. You’re stylish 😉
- You think that your huge book shelf is the centre of focus in your room.
- You LOVE EATINGGGGGG and are very grateful that you don’t need to work out much to shed off those extra calories you had for lunch that day. Thank God for inheriting very good metabolism!
- You are narcissistic at times. Okay, most of the time.
- You’re short-tempered.
- You’re not proud of the fact that you are narcissistic and short-tempered.
- You don’t like red roses.
- You’re scared of butterflies, and dogs. And pretty much all animals, and creepy-crawlies.
- You absolutely love reading, travelling and cooking.
- Your favourite sport is badminton, swimming, and running track.
- You work out every day.
- You like writing. You fall asleep planning what happens next.
- You love VS Angels. Duh!
- You love Biology, Literature and History.
- Your favourite number is 33. It’s your lucky number.
- You wait for the weekend all week, and then on Sunday night, are very eager to go to school the next day.
- Your sleep routine is very adjustable. You can live through your normal school day with just one hour of sleep powering you. And you love to sleep in the afternoons.
- You love Bryan Adams, Halsey, Taylor Swift, Adele, John Mayer, Lana Del Ray, Ed Sheeran, The Script, The Chainsmokers, Kodaline, Adam Levine, George Michael, Jana Kramer, MIIA, Sara Bareilles, Zayn Malik, and many many many more!
- You are in love with Brandon Maxfield, who is ten years your senior!
- You probably have an OCD. Although you’ve not had yourself diagnosed yet.
- Also, ADHD might be an undiagnosed case too.
- You can’t drive. Although your Dad is willing, you still haven’t found the appropriate time.
- You love eating Dairy Milk chocolates and Real Apple juice. A guilty pleasure for all the different sort of cravings.
- There is always a book on your bedside table, along with your water and vitamins.
- Your heart skips a beat everytime you go out on your own.
- You think up a lot of scenarios- most of which are very impractical!
That’s all I have come up with right now, and maybe I’ll do an updated version later on! Have a great day everyone!
Considering the fact that school will be starting soon for me and most of my friends here in India, I thought why not do a back-to-school blog. I realize that school will probably not be opening for a lot of you guys now itself, but when the time comes, you can find this as a proper guide and that will be quite helpful. I hope.
Also, I have a pdf file that is a list and will definitely help you while shopping. I’ll link it here- back to school essentials list
So without further ado, I’d like to now start with the list in question.
- Lunchbox- Since I’m a foodie, it’s no wonder that I’ve put this first. My lunchbox is a pretty lime green and pink combination. My brother actually got it for his last birthday and since we’ve never even opened the packaging, it’s obviously brand new. It also comes with its own set of a fork and spoon and another small container within in and is thus quite good.
- A water bottle- It’s quite common to find drinking water facilities all around campus but I do prefer to have my own source of hydration with me. And even when it’s close to empty, I can always fill it up in those drinking water facilities. The water bottle I bought is a pretty pink one, and I particularly love the shape of it. Also, I got it for 90 rupees INR.
- A school bag- This is up to you now, whatever you prefer. Although I would suggest going for quality and durability over the aesthetics. I got myself a tote- it’s very large inside and can even hold my laptop and water bottle. It’s a simple black because I wouldn’t be comfortable with any other bright colors. Also, I got it for 750 rupees INR. I also have a backpack which I got with the previous laptop I bought. It’s huge, has compartments for my laptop separately, as well as for water bottles, books etc.
- A purse/wallet- Decide very carefully on this one. Are you someone who prefers to carry just ash along with the student card and keys? Or are you all cards and keys? Depending on that, the size will differ. I would suggest Mimco purses with wristlets. As for me, I got mine on Amazon at 250 rupees INR.
- Umbrella- This is for those students who are currently experiencing rains or get too much sunlight. Again, opt for durability over designs. Also, try to get a dark colored one so that the light doesn’t come through. Mine is lavender on the outside but it’s black inside, so there’s no chance of light coming through.
- Pendrive- You’ll obviously need it.
- Power bank!
- A hard disk!
- An I-pod- In case you commute daily to and fro school in a bus/metro like I do.
- Headphone/ear buds- Of course.
- Pens- roller balls or gels, whichever you prefer. I personally prefer both at different times. In classes where you need to take fast notes, I’d advise you to take ball pens so it won’t smudge. Also, decide on the colors you want. I always used black (for headings), green (for sub headings and important lines) and blue (for normal text).
- Pencils- Mechanical or normal lead ones.
- Rulers- try to get a foldable one. It’s space saving.
- Highlighters- Some people prefer to have a set of whole colors, others don’t. I prefer the neon green, pink and orange. That’s it for me.
- Marker pen- Or Sharpies. For the stuff you might need to write on the surface of those assignment CDs or plastic covers on folders/binders.
- Post its/page flags/page markers- You know why.
- Cellotape dispenser- Of course you can do without it, but I prefer using a Cellotape on a dispenser. I don’t like searching for the loose ends on them, otherwise.
- Scissors- A big one as well as a small one (to put in your pouch).
- Page cutter- For the times you can’t use scissors.
- Correction tape/gel- I use the gel, simply because I’ve never come across the tape version around here. I’m sure you’ll get them online.
- Gum/Glue- I use gums, strictly.
- Page clips.
- Stapler- and pins.
- A Pencil pouch- Decide on the type you would prefer. I bought one simple red one at 50rupees INR and another transparent one at 70 rupees INR. I support the transparent ones always. It saves time as you can see the thing you want and get it immediately without having to search about. Also, prefer to have a pouch that is not too big so that you’ll have to think about what you put in and thus reduce the chances for over-cluttering it.
- Geometry Box.
- Index cards- Especially if you’re taking a language class. I also used it for Biology (definitions) and Chemistry and Math (formulas).
- Copies- This I leave to you. I prefer one notebook per class and not at all being in favor of the multiple-subjects notebook. And I love the Classmate ones. I use both the single lined as well as plain paged ones.
- Plain sheets- For printer use. Also, for regular use, if you’re a kind of person who prefers pages instead of whole notebooks.
- Folders/stick files- For the loose sheets you might need to take to class on some days.
- Plastic folder bags- or the above-mentioned folders. I prefer this.
- Display files- For your certificates. Keeps the dust off and helpful when you need them for job/internship interviews.
- Binders- Simple ones with a plastic pocket on the front is good. Also, what would you prefer- three rings or four or simply 2?
- Page protectors- I used to put one at the first, in a binder, and I put in that subject’s syllabus and thus it was very good. Alternately, you can put in the timetables etc.
- Page punching machine- A single one is a must have and another one should be for your pages- the ones you need to put in your binders. Then again, if you have the multiple one, you won’t need a single one!
- A planner- This is the one thing I swear by! It doesn’t matter if you are in middle school, or high school or college or even UNI! Get one. There are lots of affordable and cheap ones in the market.
- A diary/journal- When you need to relieve yourself of all the frustration and stress, writing them down helps.
- A table calendar- I use one. Really helps.
- Display board- to be placed in front of your study table where you can put up important to-do’s as well as formulas and the periodic table.
- Push pins- If you have a display board, obviously.
- A few books- For the times you’ll need a break. For most people, I would suggest simple chick-lit stuff, but then again some would prefer books where you need to concentrate a lot. Choose by yourself.
- Table tray/storage box.
- A hand-fan- For when you need to stand in a queue or under the sun while the assembly is on.
- A small mirror.
- A small hairbrush/comb.
- Compact powder- If you get oily.
- Hand sanitizer.
- A small pouch
I’ve tried to add all of the things I think a student might need for a back to school shopping session. Please comment if you think I’ve missed something.
Also, follow for more of school related stuff that will soon be coming up.
So I suppose I should begin by introducing myself, seeing as to how this article is for that only.
I’m Susannah Fields, and I’m 18 years old. I just graduated high school and let me say how excited I am to have started this blog. I have always wanted to share this love I have for reading and studying and cleaning my things. So that’s what I am going to be doing with this blog.
As you may have known from the name of this blog, it’s going to be all about books, study, and such stuff. I have always wanted to do a blog to share my love for books, and all such related things like- studying, organization etc. At first, though, I thought about creating a YouTube channel and start putting up my own videos. But then again, I’m not bold enough nor do I have the necessary electronics to do that.
Getting on with the article, I should probably say what I am going to be posting on here. So far, I’ve decided on study tips and tricks, book recommendations and organization hacks. Of course, you’re all welcome to post any suggestions if you wish, and if they help me make this blog better, I’ll definitely try to incorporate them.
Anyways, God knows I never go through introductions, so I’ll just keep this article short and simple.
You can all contact me at: